Tuesday 4 July 2017

Oceans: A Finished Quilt

I used to work with a lovely man in my last position at my job, and this same man then started playing ultimate frisbee in a league with my husband. We both adore this guy and so when he and his wife had a new baby I knew I wanted to make him a quilt. Now, counting on my husband, I was informed they had a new baby girl. Perfect! I pulled some fabrics and got to work. While the quilt was in progress, I happened to come across a post on Facebook by the dad with the first pictures of their...baby boy.

Ooops.

So I dug back into my stash and started with a whale print I have had floating around for some time. Then I added in a whole bunch of navy and ocean-themed prints and put together this simple patchwork baby quilt.

Here is Oceans:

Simple patchwork with this mix of navys looks so nice, IMO.

This gives you a better sense of how dark the blues are (the top picture is in bright sunshine so the blues are more washed out). I echo-quilted on either side of each seam.

And I used up the last of the Lizzy House Mini Pearl Bracelets in blue that I have had since my shopping trip in Ann Arbour last year. I had to fill in the edges with some bits of other prints since I didn't have quite enough.
This will be delivered to our friend and his SON sometime soon. I hope everyone loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment