Thursday 12 January 2017

Breakfast

After a bit of fabric binging last summer, quilty friend C and I both decided to go on a self-imposed fabric fast with the goal of not buying any new fabric until January 1, 2017. We both stayed true to the fast...well, sort of. When Alison Glass Seventy-Six went on sale, C was losing her mind over not being able to buy it. I gave her my blessing. And we both agreed that pre-ordered Alison Glass Sunprint 2017 did not count because even though we ordered in December it won't come until quite some time into 2017.

My husband and I received a trip to Niagara on the Lake, a quaint little town for tourists, as a gift over Christmas. He told me to pick out all the fabric stops we needed to make on the way down. He is awesome.

I definitely engaged in a serious breakfast (break- fast) on this trip!

At the Quilted Cardinal I picked up these Moda Mixologie basics. I love the colour saturation.
Those purples and the top teal are already claimed by my daughter for a quilt she wants me to make her.
I also had a gift certificate for Greenwood Quiltery which announced at the end of December it is going to be permanently closing because the owner is retiring. It will leave a major hole in the local quilt store options as it was by far my favourite local(ish) store.
Two Elizabeth Hartman patterns, that sweet basic grey print, a Cloud 9 organic bear fabric that already is claimed for a baby quilt, some Kona Charcoal for my Snail Along and a bunch of other goodies. All of this was at least 30% off!
I also made a stop at Modern Bee in Virgil, an awesome, quaint little shop with the nicest owners. If only it was closer!
From bottom to top: Kona Silver, Kona Shadow and a 1/2 yard of Priory Square that I wanted and figured I would never get because it was very limited edition and quite old. The Silver is for my Snail quilt and the Shadow is for my daughter's teacher's end of year gift.
I also made a trip to Len's Mills in Guelph. My husband had never been and it is an experience, let me tell you. The front of the store (which is HUGE) is filled with the most random things. He was wandering around while I was fabric shopping texting me with questions like "Do you want a pair of bright yellow high-heeled rain boots?" or "Did you know they have an entire aisle dedicated to hot sauce?" I specifically needed to come to this store because my Lizzy House Snail quilt needs backing and I knew they still had some VERY OLD, VERY OOP Lizzy House 1001 Peeps. It is from 2009!! And it is $10/yard. A steal!
Expect to see these in my snail quilt. That purple print on the far left will be the backing.
Truly, though, I broke my fast three days earlier on January 5th at Needlework when I went shopping with two friends because friend A is making my other friend some pillows and we needed to select fabric. I was dying to get my hands on this pin of their logo! That green print will be for my Christmas quilt but those squid and octopi? They were just too cute to resist!!
Isn't that pin awesome?
So when I break a fast, I really go ALL IN.

Which of my purchases was your favourite?

2 comments:

  1. Fabric fast... oh, how I know the feeling! My favorite fabric(s) you picked was your purchases at Len's Mills. I love bright vivd colors and these were really inviting. I live in California and so Ontario is quite a trek for me. We just vacationed for a week in Montreal this fall but that is the closest I would have come. I now long to check out Len's - seems like my kind of place. I am also not familiar with Lizzy House but I am for sure going to check it out. Enjoy your purchases. And you lasted about 360 days out of 365. That is 98.6%, definitely an A+. Dang - even Ivory Soap is only 99 and 44/100% pure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you sure do know how to go big. And how to make me wish I had better access to your stash. Those Alison Glass prints... squee! I can't believe you stumbled on that Lizzy House. And you won't believe it, but I have that squid/octopi combo!

    ReplyDelete