Friday 6 June 2014

Blueberry Orange Parfait: A Finished Quilt

I am a huge fan of many of the quilt patterns designed by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms, and when I saw her Puddle Jumping pattern I was drawn to it instantly. I didn't think I would be making one anytime soon as her quilts tend to be huge, but I bought the pattern on sale and filed it away in my "Make One Day" file in my head. Then I saw a pin on Pinterest of a four block Puddle Jumping quilt that someone had made as a baby quilt. That got my mind turning. And so when our neighbours let us know that they are expecting a little boy this August I knew just which pattern to pull out!

I got all of the fabric from my stash. I have really been in a navy mood lately and I'm not sure how but this orange and navy combination was screaming out at me. Ever have that happen to you?

There is some Violet Craft Flight in Navy, some Riley Blake Navy Chevrons, some Basketweave in Tangerine, a little Lizzy House Jewels in orange, Orange Pez and some Art Gallery Squared Elements in Blueberry (which I also used for the binding). There is also lots and lots of Kona White.

I seriously overdid it on Instagram with this one but I LOVE this quilt. I love the pattern, the colours, the non-traditional "baby"look. I am going to be sad to see this one go!

Here is Blueberry Orange Parfait, made with six blocks instead of 12. Can't you see a sweet new summer baby boy on this lovely modern quilt?

Front

Loose meandering stipple with some extra loops. I need to expand my FMQ repertoire!

Back
I used one stripe of 3.5" squares and lots of white for the back. I like how striking it is (and I hope the white washes well for baby!)
Lynn

Linking up with Amanda of Crazy Mom Quilts Finish It Up Friday!

4 comments:

  1. love your colors and what a great pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pattern I would love to make someday, too. Yours looks looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that color combination! I wouldn't have thought to but orange and navy together, but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete