Wednesday 28 May 2014

WIP Wednesday: Not Enough Hours in the Day

I have lots of projects on the go this Wednesday. Having lots of projects is what allows me to get things done since sometimes I can't always work on just one thing because of little people restrictions. Pressing when you have a fussy baby is a no go, for example.

I managed to quilt the orange and navy Puddle Jumping quilt that I'm making for our neighbours. I meant to do something different- figure eights, for example- but muscle memory took over and it ended up being free motion big meandering loops. I still like it!
This is a shot of the back of the quilt where I have a strip of 3.5" squares down one side.
I made the binding for the Puddle Jumping quilt and went through all my scraps from my Sugar Block Club blocks and made a very scrappy binding for that quilt as well.
Scrappy on top, Art Gallery Squared Elements in Blueberry on the bottom
I washed, pressed and laid out the fabric for the Lua Sleepsack I'm going to make using a pattern I bought from Straight Grain. I decided not to get actually started until I have the buttons and zipper purchased.
The raindrop pattern is the outside and that blue pattern in the background will be the inside lining.

I got the binding sewn on the Puddle Jumping quilt (I really need a name for that quilt!) but haven't started hand sewing it on back yet.
Squared Elements works so well as binding
I've been working on finishing up this story pillow for my daughter's kindergarten teacher as part of her year-end gift. The last day isn't until the end of June but I wanted to be finished.
I added a border of Kona Artichoke to make the pillow larger  to fit the pillow form I have. I straight line quilted it between the colour changes.
I have pulled out the fabric stack I've been gathering together to make two double-sized quilts for two small brothers. My friend commissioned me to make these quilts and told me "dark grey." Other than that I have free reign. I can't wait to see how these will look!
Look for more posts about these quilts!
One of the quilts will be a plus pattern. I'm making them using 3.5" squares. I'll need a lot of them!
This is one of my favourite Denyse Schmidt prints. I don't always love her stuff but this eyelet is so yummy!
And I have pulled fabric and chosen a pattern for my friend's mother (whom I call my aunt) to make a quilt for my youngest daughter. She hand pieces everything! Ack! She made a quilt for my older daughter before I started quilting. I really want my youngest to have one from her as well!


The pattern is by Kate Henderson. THe fabrics are all from stash. I need to add some more navy but I am loving how this looks. The colour scheme is partially inspired by the Art Gallery fabric you see on the far right and partially by a dress my friend's daughter was wearing a month ago that I loved as quilty inspiration.

That's what I've been up to on this WIP Wednesday!

Lynn

3 comments:

  1. I love the greys you've pulled! And scrappy binding - EEP!
    Thanks for sharing the FMQ pic. I'm trying so hard to force myself to FMQ more, and to get more comfortable with it, and I'm always on the look out for patterns I could tackle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is a lot of WIPs. I laughed at your muscle memory taking over. It looks great as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a busy bee really! And made a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete