Thursday 22 May 2014

Well I Don't Want to Run Out of Fabric...

Sometimes even when you're not supposed to be buying fabric, and even when you totally don't need anymore fabric something comes up and you need to buy fabric. You get me, right? 

Case in point: I was talking to my quilty friend C about how much I liked Tula Pink's new line Foxfield. She is a Tula nut. We quickly crafted the brilliant plan to buy a 1/2 yard bundle and then split it. I am madly in love with the bundle, let me tell you. I plan to use it for a Swoon quilt along with friends C, A and K this summer. I am going to use a grey background. This will be awesome.
How could you say no to this beautiful bundle?
And then the same quilty friend (wait, I'm now seeing a pattern) posted some pictures on Instagram of the Lizzy House Tone on Tone Pearl Bracelets she had ordered from Pink Castle Fabrics. I LOVE Pearl Bracelets and already had a fat quarter bundle from her original release. I saw the tone on tones and knew I needed them.
I keep petting these pretties. I can't wait to use them.
And since I was ordering from Pink Castle anyway, I threw in a bundle of these dots from Bonnie and Camille because if I was paying for shipping anyway...
These dots are so amazing.
So, keeping in mind that I had ordered all these fabrics, I also couldn't pass up the spring sale going on at my sort-of-local quilt shop The Hobby Horse. I mean, 30% off all fabrics in the store? I'm in.
This quilt was on display. It is in flannel. SO CUTE. So, of course, I bought the kit.

Flannel sock monkeys? I needed a metre of this. Obviously.
And since fabric was on sale I also bought some other basics. The Hobby Horse has much more old fashioned fabric than I would normally go for, but some classic dots in olive and these Michael Miller rainbow dots were speaking to me. I also got some of this white-on-white as the last bit of white for the white and red quilt I'm making my step-grandmother-in-law for Christmas.
Nice basics.

Quilt kit with backing fabric on the bottom. Super cute.
Of course now Pink Castle fabrics has a HUGE sale on and a bunch more fabric is coming my way, plus I may have preordered the Cotton + Steel basic blenders fat quarter bundle.

My name is Lynn. I have not bought fabric in twenty-four hours. I have a problem.

Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment