Saturday 7 September 2013

In My Defense...

There was a $2 Fat Quarter sale at one of my sort-of local quilt shops (in that, if I so desired, I could probably get there in about an hour). I wasn't sure I would be into any of the fat quarters offered since their selection is sometimes more traditional than my taste, but when Sew Sisters posted their choices and there was Ann Kelle (!) and other modern fabrics I went a little crazy.

I ordered some Kona Artichoke while I was placing the order since very few stores seem to carry it and I LOVE it. I also ordered a metre of Out N'About Mod Planes in Sky (cute for a backing, right?)

Here is my stack of TOTALLY UNNECESSARY fat quarters. But they only cost $2 each!
Along the top is a bunch of Urban Zoologie by Ann Kelle. The owls and turtles are my favourites. Then there is some Modern Numbers and Modern Bubble Stripe on the left, and a selection of Roar! Lion Heads fabrics. Then one Metro Living Circles in turquoise (who can resist some turquoise) and one Laurie Wisbrun Perfectly Perched.
I have been doing more than shopping. I got the binding on Little Red and have been hand finishing it this week (despite being crazy busy due to back-to-work).
All ready to finish. Borderless, of course.
And speaking of hand binding, I had this helper hanging out with me the whole time I was binding:
Aren't I helpful?
This cat is a super cuddly guy, but he never sits with me on the couch. His fluffy brother, Marlowe, is the couch snuggler. That sure changes quickly if this cutie sees me sitting down with a quilt on my lap! Bam! Instant cat company from Cyrus. I often have to haul his butt off the quilt to shift it around as I bind, which he does not enjoy. I obviously need a cozy living room quilt to cuddle under so I can have Cyrus around when I want him and not just when he is in the way!

Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lynn,
    Just wanted to tell you that your blog post made me smile. I'm sitting her in my nightgown after ordering a bunch of fabric from eQuilter that I surely don't need, but it was on SALE!

    Enjoy your new purchases, I am looking forward to receiving mine.
    Nancy at PugMomQuilts

    ReplyDelete