Thursday 23 May 2013

Accidental Tula Pink Love

My friend C loooooves Tula Pink. I have always admired her, but my love is directed more strongly towards Lotta Jansdotter and Laurie Wisbrun. 

Then I pre-ordered Allison Harris' new book and needed to add another book to my cart to qualify for free shipping. I threw in Tula Pink's new book Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks. I am in love with this book! It has so many fresh blocks and the actual design of the book is genius- gorgeous and inspiring.


Here is my favourite block (though I love most of them):

I can't wait to use this book to craft some quilt with a modern Tula edge!

Also, as an update, I have been quilting my Plus One quilt. I chose a variegated teal thread and quilted "straight" lines on both sides of every seam. It took forever but the quilt looks pretty good. I did have one issue where the quilting seemed to create a tiny "fold" in the fabric, but I think it still looks fine so I am going to run with it. I'll post more pics later!


Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Great book, looks like a good resource.

    I loke the colours in your Plus one quilt.

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete