Wednesday 3 April 2013

Traditional but Pretty?

I have not had any time to sew lately due to a busy work schedule and a hectic Easter. No, I did not get much more of a chance to sew over the long weekend thanks to three Easter dinners/events.

I wanted to show you the bundle of fat quarters I am going to use to make my grandmother a quilt for her 89th birthday this June. It is certainly not a group of fabrics I would ever choose for myself, but this bundle came as part of my Fat Quarter Shop Blogger Bundle of the Month Club and I thought my grandmother would like the soft colours and traditional fabrics.



I also have been working on my Tumbler quilt for our neighbour's soon-to-arrive fourth son. Here is a little peek at the backing fabrics:

It is hard to see but the white fabric is actually white-on-white with letters all over it.
Now I just need to make it through the rest of this busy week- and fight off getting sick which I feel creeping up on me a bit- and then I can do some actual sewing this weekend!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

2 comments:

  1. I think your grandmother will love her quilt. Lovely fabrics. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Maggie.... Those fabrics look very pretty. Hope you get some time to quilt!

    ReplyDelete