Tuesday 26 March 2013

Superhero Mashup: A Finished Quilt

One day while shopping at my LQS (The Hobby Horse in this case) I saw a completed flannelette quilt that struck me immediately. There were kits underneath and I grabbed one (there were only two left and they sold out the next day, I am told). The colours are awesome and the subject of the quilt screamed to me that it would be perfect for a certain little boy, B, the son of friends of ours (the big brother of the baby who received Things That Go and Bouncing Bunnies, actually). This sweet little boy will be five in April and he loves blankets- always has- so I hope he loves this quilt made just for him (and we got him some Lego, too, so that might get a bit more excitement out of him than the quilt, but I digress).

This is Superhero Mashup, a mix of Superman and Batman in the softest flannelette. It does have batting and it is so soft. I couldn't stop snuggling with it while I was binding it, and my cats were drawn to it even more so than most quilts. I did stitch in the ditch (the fabric is so busy that I thought anything else would get lost or detract from the quilt) and there is a simple wiggly line on the thin red border (an S stitch on my machine). I did FMQ super loose wiggly lines on the outer border in a red variegated thread and it looks awesome.






This quilt will fly off to B on his fifth birthday in April. Until then I better hide it from my cats!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

3 comments:

  1. Nice job, Lynn! Hope B is happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely ideal for a little guy! I can almost feel the snuggliness from here too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete