I have a seemingly endless list of quilts to make on my bucket list, but I thought I should make a 2013 "To Do" list to get the quilts that really need to be made this year organized. I have listed them based on when they need to be given/received so I will need to start them even earlier. It doesn't help that everyone I know is having babies!
- Baby L's Things That Go Quilt (basted, ready to quilt). Binding already made!
|Binding for Things That Go|
- Baby L's Bouncing Bunnies Quilt (Below is the layout for the quilt top. It is made with HSTs. I am letting it sit for a bit to see if I like it. I'm not 100% about this one).
- Baby M's Giraffe Love Quilt
- HST QAL in Outfoxed for my daughter
- La Dee Da Quilt for Toddler Girl L using the Three Dudes that Quilt tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Company
- Superhero Flannelette quilt (I already have the kit!) for my friend's son, B
- A quilt for my grandma for her 89th birthday (she was super jealous of my mom's Christmas quilt!)
- Landscape Architexture Butterfly String quilt for my dad for his birthday
Those are the date-specific quilts on my list (and as new babies get announced I am sure I will also have more quilts with specific dates!) but I also have a list of things I really want to do in 2013 that are not tied to a certain month or date.
Other 2013 Quilts/Projects To Make
- Box pouch with zipper (scary!)
- HST quilt in all Kona solids
- Paper piecing (I wonder if I can find a class near me?)
- A Plus quilt
- At least one quilt from Sunday Morning Quilts and one from Quilting Modern
- Squares and Strips quilt in orange and turquoise using the tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew
- Tumbler quilt
- Something with my Lotta fabric
I could actually list at least another 20 projects/quilts, but I think this is a reasonable (is it?) list for the upcoming year. If I can do all of these then I think I am doing well for the year of sewing!
Wishing you a wonderful 2013,
Lynn (aka Buttons)