Saturday 15 December 2012

Baby's Birdies: A Finished Quilt

On top of trying to get all my Christmas sewing done in time (and, I assure you, I will not be done in time) I had to finish a baby quilt for a work friend who is expecting her first baby early in 2013. Her baby shower was a success, and she loved the quilt!

I chose gender-neutral colours because the parents told me they weren't finding out the baby's sex. Then I found out at the shower that they did find out- and it's a boy! I hope he loves these owls and birds and dots!

(Warning: Lots of pictures to follow!)



Front of quilt

Back of quilt- I love how you can really see the quilting in this shot.

Bundled up with a ribbon, ready to give to the mommy-to-be
I hope that Baby A gets lots of use from this quilt. I think the bright green checked flannelette on the back makes it extra cozy for a winter baby.

Now to get my mother-in-law's birthday quilt done in time! Wish me luck!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

2 comments:

  1. Great quilt pattern. I like your quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours and fabrics! What a lucky baby. I found your blog through Sew Many Ways link party. Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete