Friday 5 October 2012

One Quilt Basted, Three to Go

I have been trying to prioritize Christmas gifts above I-want-to-play-with-fabric quilts but it means I have hit the dreaded basting stage. I hate basting. 505 Spray is awesome, so it really isn't that hard, but it is a lot of work for a sandwich. You know what I mean?

I am proud that I managed to baste this Christmas quilt (intended for a gift exchange at my mother-in-law's house). Next up- quilting. I think I will use brown on the bottom and teal on the top but I am not sure about pattern yet. I'm contemplating my options (and my low skill level) to figure something out. Fortunately I have not gone on a thread fast for October, so I can pick up what I need next time I am near a store that sells what I want.

Wish me luck tackling the quilting. It may be my worst skill!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like me... once I get the top together I don't really enjoy the rest of the quilting process as much! Your quilt is beautiful and I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete