Saturday 6 October 2012

Dr. Seuss WIP

I am making a quilt for my friend's son for Christmas. He is a Dr. Seuss nut (he is 3 1/2) and I wanted to make him a smallish quilt that he could cart around while doing three-year-old activities. 

I have now attached the rows (the pattern is from Cluck Cluck Sew- Road Trip Quilt) and this is what I have:

I really feel like this quilt has in-your-face colour. Even though the pattern doesn't call for a border I think something mainly white will help the eye rest. I planned to use the black and white Dr.Seuss text fabric but now I'm rethinking. I have a white-on-white alphabet fabric that might work as well. Would that be too stark?

I will think on it and dive in.

Lynn (aka Buttons)

1 comment:

  1. I made this same pattern twice. Once for a baby girl without a border and I liked how it turned out. The second time I made it was for a fundraiser, and I did add a border. I think with the fabrics I chose on the second quilt, it definitely needed a border, and it turned out great. I'm sure it will be darling whichever way you choose to go!

    ReplyDelete