Sunday 16 September 2012

Working on Seuss

I took a few moments carved out of the weekend to cut into my Dr.Seuss fabric for a quilt I am making for my best friend's three-year-old son for Christmas.

I am using a tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew called the Road Trip Quilt, and all my fabric is from the first line of Dr. Seuss fabric from Robert Kaufman (I think version three is about to be released!).


I then actually did a layout of the pieces and stacked and pinned them so I could start assembling. My one cat was very unhelpful; he decided to take a nap on top of the fabric as I was laying it out, and then sent it all flying when I shooed him away.
I used my iPad to take a picture of the quilt top as it looks pre-assembled. The quality is horrible, and I vow to avoid using it again for quilting pictures (though I think the dark room didn't help). Here is what is looks like (in blurry, iPad picture form):
I don't think the picture does justice to how bright and fresh the quilt colour are, but you sort of get the idea. I hope he loves it!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment