Sunday 2 September 2012

Is There Anything Nicer Than Pillows and Ice Cream?

When I finished my Sweet Baby quilt, I had quite a bit of ice cream backing left.
Back of Sweet Baby

Front of Sweet Baby
I promised my daughter, who had been eyeing the candy and ice cream fabric, that I would make her a pillowcase. The other day she came home from preschool and saw evidence that I had been sewing all day. She mournfully stated "You didn't do my pillowcase, did you." Wow. What a Mommy guilt trip. 

I was going to use a pattern I've used before from Lotta Jansdotter's book Simple Sewing, but then I came across a post at Holly's Red Bike where she had made a pillowcase for her daughter using a tutorial from Film in the Fridge. This tutorial also shows you French seams, which I have never attempted, so I thought I'd try something new. Here are the results:


This is the inside- French seams mean no raw edges!


Koala approved
I think I might be addicted to making them, though!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can remember those "guilt" trips when our kids were little. The pillowcase is really cute and I'm sure your daughter is going to love using it.

    ReplyDelete