Wednesday 12 September 2012

HST QAL: September Block

During the summer I encountered a HST quilt-along over at In Color Order with Jeni. I jumped on board and made all the blocks in a matter of a few weeks. I was greatly anticipating the September block (see my post here) but then have had absolutely no time to sew.

Today I carved out some sewing time and it was heavenly, let me tell you. So relaxing. I had already prepared my HSTs and just had to piece them in rows and make the block, press and trim.

Here is me working on my block in a very modern way- with my iPad on the Block of the Month page at In Color Order!


Here is my very helpful feline, Cyrus:


Here is what Jeni's finished block looks like:

Photo courtesy of In Color Order
And here is what my finished block looks like:

I had promised myself I would use the very light pink fabric in one more block because I have used it in just one other block and it was so light it just faded away. I think this is it for the amount of the colour I will use in the whole quilt. Lesson learned. The darker orangey colour is actually a delicious raspberry colour which didn't translate well in this photo.

Loving the quilt so far, and loving that I had a (tiny) bit of time to sew today!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment