Friday 10 August 2012

Sweet Baby

This is my third quilt finish, a Pow Wow quilt pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew using Ann Kelle's Dessert Party fabrics. It is a gift for some friends expecting their baby at the beginning of September. The baby shower is August 12, and I can't attend (my sister-in-law's shower is the same day) but I am sending along this quilt with other friends. I wish I was going to be there to see her reaction!
Binding shot



I LOVE this quilt. I love the pattern, the fabrics and the pieced backing. I think it is fresh, modern and perfect for a baby girl arriving soon. I am proud that I finished something more complicated, and that it fits my aesthetic so well. 

On that note, Teddy Bear Picnic was delivered to the parents-to-be on Saturday and they loved it. It matches their nursery decor perfectly. I made them promise to send me a picture of the new baby on his or her quilt, and mom's water broke Sunday night so that picture could be sooner rather than later!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

1 comment: