Friday 27 July 2012

Pow Wow Problem

I have tried this week to fit in bits of sewing so I can get this Pow Wow Dessert quilt done in time for the rapidly approaching baby shower (I am skeptical about finishing on time, to say the least).


I worked away, diligently sewing 2" strips between the blocks. After my third row was complete, I checked the pattern one more time. I then looked at my quilt. See if you can see the difference:


Pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew


My first two rows.

Do you see it? Yep, the chevrons are supposed to be going in the same direction vertically. I pulled out my seam ripper, cursed like a sailor and started ripping out that second row. Fortunately I only had to tackle my second row, and some of the sashing could stay in place (just flipped). I now have three rows again, and have three more to do. The clock is ticking!

Lynn (aka Buttons)

1 comment:

  1. As ye sew, so shall ye rip.
    Good luck and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete