Saturday 28 July 2012

Baby Bump's Zoo

This is my first ever quilting project, a baby quilt made of flannelette for my sister-in-law. I took a course on free motion quilting, and read TONS of blogs and books, and then jumped in.
Here is it, basted and ready for me.


I used my walking foot (purchased for this quilt) to do wonky "straight" lines through the centre of the quilt, mimicking the wonky squares in two of the prints (see on the black square to the left of this picture?).
I free motion quilted the border in lines, to echo the black uneven lines in the small border strip. I was nervous, but I think it looks amazing. I then added the red binding (again, a first for me!).


And now for the finished product!




I hope my sister-in-law loves Baby Bump's Zoo! She will get it at her shower on August 12. 


Lynn (aka Buttons)

No comments:

Post a Comment